Friday 23 October 2009

DAVID BENDETH - FEEL THE REAL


This little number's a stone cold classic that went all the way to No.1 on the U.K soul and dance charts in 1979. London born David Bendeth is a Guitarist and Producer that is still working today. He has done it all in the music industry really, from working in a record store as a teenager, to being a major label executive. If you would like to hear some of his more recent work as a producer CLICK. This tune oozes so much soul and I think thats what does it for me. That coupled with the amazing instrumentation, it kind of remind's me of Roy Ayers. I hope you like it as much as I do (and the British public of 1979 did!).

If your out and about this coming Saturday night be sure to come and check out Bobby Hands and I at SHIFT at the Horse & Groom in Shoreditch. Upstairs will be a very heavy night of all things DISCO. LINK.


David Bendeth - Feel the real by Mr. Smith

1 comment:

Bobby Hands said...

Wicked! Loved this tune for years!!
All about that bassline ...
Jazzfunk business!