Monday 3 August 2009

SECOND IMAGE - SING & SHOUT

I have been it bit ill for last the few days, thankfully I have had some nice people around me to bring me food and fluids and just generally provide me with a bit of sympathy. It was tough gathering the energy to pull myself from the sofa to rip some vinyl. I started to rip Caprice - '100%' as that is where I would like to be right now but halfway through recording it, I decided I was going to give it a little rework so stay tuned for that one.




I decided to go with Second Image - Sing and Shout (special large instrumental size). I can't tell you much about Second Image except that they are a British outfit from the early 80's. They had a string of 12" releases from 1981 through to 85 and managed to drop two albums in that time on Polydor and MCA respectively. This is the instrumental from one of the singles off their second album titled 'Strange Reflections'. It's more of a dub than an instrumental really and I suppose that is why it's the 'special large instrumental size' mix. I always have the tune I am writing about on repeat when I am doing these posts and my girlfriend just said it reminds her of the Cosby show?
Weirdo.


Sing & Shout (special large instrumental size) by Mr. Smith

1 comment:

Bobby Hands said...

Haha .. I an totally see the Cosby Show connection!!