Tuesday 7 July 2009

SUZY Q - TONIGHT






There is a bit of mystery surrounding this record. Firstly it is very similar to Punkin Machines 'I need you tonight'. I have only been able to track down the 7" release of Suzy Q 'tonight' and it has 'remix' next to the artist name rather than next to the title of the track which I thought was quite unusual. This was released a year after Punkin Machine released 'I need you tonight' on French label and distribution company Carrere. It is credited to being produced by Punkin Machines producer, Jerry Cucuzzella, for Quebec based record label JC Records (which also happens to be the same label 'I need you tonight' was released on).

I must say, I prefer the Punkin Machine version of this tune but don't have a copy of the original 12". I have an edit of it which cuts out the chorus and (in my opinion) doesn't do the original justice, so I don't play it out.

When I first put this record on my radar I found it hard to find anything out about it and that is why I have decided to post it. The sound quality is a wee bit poor due to it being ripped off a 7" but you will be able to hear how this is different to the Punkin Machine version. I would love to hear the album version of this song and if anyone has an mp3, please hit me up!

SUZY Q - TONIGHT (REMIX) mp3

PUNKIN MACHINE - I NEED YOU TONIGHT mp3

No comments: