Sunday 21 June 2009

WEEKS & CO. - If YOUR LOOKING FOR FUN (DUB)






This is some killer boogie right here. Produced by boogie maestro Ritchie Weeks, its a proper spaced out synth heavy slice of genius. More often than not I go for the dub of a record (if it has one) and this is no exception. Not that there is anything wrong with the album version, I just love the stripped down instrumental. If you are feeling it, be sure to check out Richie Weeks' other work. He produced stuff under The Jammers, L.U.S.T and also under his own name. In fact, I think I can feel a post on a Jammers record coming on...

This is from 1983 on Salsoul, it has Shep Pettibone in the mix and I am pretty sure thats Jocelyn Brown on backing vocals.


(just click on the arrow on the right to download 320kbps mp3)
If you looking for fun (dub) by Mr. Smith

2 comments:

Tonton Décibel !!! said...

DUB IS for lover DUB !!!

GREAT CHOICE

Anonymous said...

oh wow i missed the download on this would it be possible to re up one of my all time favorite tracks, greg wilson classic manchester circa 1983