Thursday 18 June 2009

HORSE MEAT DISCO - THE ALBUM




Here's a compilation that's shaping up to be "mix cd of the summer", Our good pals at Horse Meat Disco have picked, compiled & mixed "70 minutes of unadulterated disco nuggets" over 2 cd's (One mixed, the other unmixed).
There are some serious records on here, from K.I.D.'s percussive groover "Hupendi muziki wangu?" to Tamiko Jones' "other" amazing record "Let it flow" all blended together by the HMD boys, the album also comes with amazing artwork & packaging with some incredible photo's from the club & various nights the boys have DJ'ed at & also included are some liner notes written by Guardian journalist David Pascheck.





The album will be available from 10th August through STRUT. You can join Horse Meat Disco's Facebook fan page here for dates, gigs etc.


Here's the album tracklisting :


CD 1: Mixed by Jim Stanton and James Hilliard
01. Craig's phone message
02. Karen Young - Deetour
03. Eddie Drennon - Disco Jam
04. Empire Projecting Penny – Freakman
05. Smokey Robinson – And I Don’t Love You (Larry Levan Instrumental Dub)
06. K.I.D - Hupendi Muziki Wangu?! (You Don’t Like My Music)
07. Gino Soccio – It’s Alright
08. The Two Tons - I Depend On You
09. Sheryl Lee Ralph - In The Evening
10. Gregg Diamond - Danger
11. Plaza - (Got My) Dancing Shoes
12. TJM - Put Yourself In My Place
13. The Richard Hewson Orchestra - Love Bite
14. Laura Greene - Manhattan
15. Fern Kinney - Love Me Tonight
16. Tamiko Jones - Let It Flow


CD 2: Unmixed
01. Karen Young – Deetour (Party mix)
02. Smokey Robinson – And I Don’t Love You (Larry Levan Instrumental Dub)
04. Empire Projecting Penny – Freakman
05. Gino Soccio – It’s Alright
06. Richard Hewson Orchestra – Love Bite
07. Eddie Drennon – Disco Jam
08. K.I.D - Hupendi Muziki Wangu?! (You Don’t Like My Music)
09. The Two Tons – I Depend On You
10. Plaza – (Got My) Dancing Shoes
11. Gregg Diamond – Danger
12. Sheryl Lee Ralph – In The Evening
13. Tamiko Jones – Let It Flow





And if all that wasn't enough to make you wet yourself you can also buy the 1st HMD EDITS 12" here and here as well as their SUPER fresh T-shirts!
Horse Meat Disco is every sunday at EAGLE LONDON, 349 kennington Lane, Vauxhall, London SE11 5QY
Open from 8pm - 3am.


Come & kiki!

No comments: