Thursday 9 April 2009

W.A.G.B BAND - I CAN GET YOU OVER




Its Thursday and Easter holidays start today so I have some heavy weight boogie to kickstart your long weekend. For those of you in London there is plenty to do as well. Re Edit master Todd Terje is playing 'in an east end warehouse' somewhere with Disco Bloodbath. I myself am going to The Coronet to see some of my favourite London DJ's, Horsemeat Disco, they are doing a night with Secret Sundaze whilst hosting the mighty Danielle Baldelli... Can not wait!

W.A.G.B Band is a project produced by Wayne Braithwaite and Glen Adams. Wayne Brathwaite went on to produce the likes of Chaka Khan and Billy Ocean while Glen Adams is most famous for being part of Lee Perry's backing band The Upsetters. Released in 1982 on NY label Street Sound, this has all the makings of a boogie classic. A catchy hook, deep wobbly bass and plenty of dirty synth work backed by some tuff drums. I also love the way the horns give this tune so much funk. Solid gold.


May the Easter bunny be good to you..


W.A.G.B BAND - I CAN GET YOU OVER 320kbps

No comments: