Wednesday 15 April 2009

DON COVAY - BADD BOY

This is one of my favourite tunes at the moment, infact, its so bad it needed two d's in the title. I picked up the 12" about a month ago and I haven't been able to stop listening to it since.




Don Covey has been in the game a long time. His musical career has spanned from the 60's right through to modern day, he has worked with and written for many top players including Booker T, Ben E King, Chubby Checker and even Jimi Hendrix. Most of his work leans toward Rhythm & Blues but like many, he dabbled in a little disco. Strictly speaking this is disco rap but I always jam the instrumental and I think you should too. This was released in 1980 on Newman Records.. Just try and listen to it without bopping you head to that bass line


DON COVAY - BADD BOY (instrumental) 320kbps

1 comment:

Mr B said...

good Don Covay track in the Hits and Misses Muhamed Ali compilation

http://soundsofthe70s.blogspot.com/2007_05_01_archive.html