Thursday 1 April 2010

SILVER, PLATINUM & GOLD - DANCE WITH ME


Here we have a sublime piece of uptempo Disco-Soul from Hollywood's Silver, Platinum & Gold. I can't seem to find out much about this group & it seems they only released 1 single & 2 albums in their short career - 1976's self titled debut on FARR Records & 1981's "Hollywood" on Neptune which seems to have only reached the promo stage with no official release, it's from the latter "Dance with me" comes & it certainly does not disappoint.





Having already shown up on Dimitri From Paris & DJ Muro's amazing "Super Disco Friends" mix in re-edited form I thought I'd post the OG version which is just as effective! I picked this LP up at a well known South London vinyl haunt where the staff need a serious attitude-check, and for the mere sum of £3 it seems they needs some schooling too! One man's loss, eh?
The other killer cut on this album is the synth heavy sleaze of "Silver, Platinum & Gold theme" which seems very current & in line with the output of a certain Mr.Dam-Funk & all of this recent interest in "Boogie", if you dig this sound, you need this track, simple as.


Another of the group's tracks taken from their 1st LP ended up on Dimitri's "Disco Forever" comp, "I got a thing" was the number & as usual it got the chopping block treatment, I've included a Youtube clip of it here too for y'all.


Enjoy!


"I got a thing" (Dimitri from Paris re-edit).




Click arrow on right for D/L.

Dancewithme by Bobbyhands

No comments: